Happens; like now.
blog| story| days| etc
just gonna stand there and watch me burn
Sunday, August 28, 2011 @ 11:02 AM

when we layed down, I was too tired to notice.
too comfortable to care.
2 hours later though, your face was a centimeter from mine.
fast asleep is the closest I've ever got to you.


I could barely keep my eyes off your face.
I had to force myself to sleep.


this morning, when it was just us, you we moved closer.
still not touching.
somehow, still, space between us.
you were breathing while I was trying not to notice.
there was another shift, and then i felt your breath
on my spine.
faking like i didn't notice - and i had this crazy thought,
like you knew what you were doing to me.
you saw my imperceptable shiver.
and you did it again.
twice.
three times.
until i shivered visibly.


and we slept again. pretending. listening. feeling.