Happens; like now.
blog| story| days| etc
Not Remembering Something There
Saturday, January 16, 2010 @ 11:28 PM

I think I might be getting over you. Not sure the reasons, but I might be.
Maybe.
Probably not. I still look around for you, even though I know it's highly unlikely that you'd ever be anywhere I am. Once or twice a week this happens.
Glance at your fence every time I walk or drive by. Are you there? Are you on your trampoline? Are you thinking of me? No. You're not. I doubt you ever do.
They're slowing down - these thoughts of you. Decreasing day by day. Hour by hour. Every sixty seconds they're getting gradually smaller, and I think, "Hey,
I think I might be getting over you."
Probably not.
Not for a while at least. And then, when I walk by your fence, all I'll see is wood, nailed together.
And I'll think "This fence makes me happy."
And that will be that.